Friday, April 9, 2010

Packing a Lunch

After my son's 6Th birthday the whole family will be switching for a gluten free lifestyle. I want to try this for at least 90 days to see if it will help Collin. There are neurological connections to wheat allergy. Hopefully this might help, if it doesn't then we will know to go in a different direction. We are hoping it will help his speech, irritability, hyper activeness, and help him focus. His teachers have been really good with him but i know he can be a trial. i just want to help him lead a normal life as possible.

I myself have been Gluten free for almost 5 days. It is not bad at all. I have found when comparing notes with Mom we don't have that nagging hunger feeling. Plus my pants are fitting better around the upper part of my stomach. I have also noticed that my facial ticks don't seem to last long, i went a whole day without a tick yesterday!! That was about only the 3rd time in almost 2-1/2 years. So that right there is better and i haven't even been doing it for a week. Even if this doesn't help Collin i will continue to stay on it for myself.

To prepare for my whole house switching over. I am going to have to start packing Collin's Lunch and providing a special snacks for his snack time. Things have changed so much from when we where kids. There are so many options for Lunches now days. But i have found the product that I ADORE!!! They are called Snack taxis http://www.snacktaxi.com/ They are fabric re-usable lunch sacks to put your food in. they have a lining in them that is washable. you just rinse and let air dry. They come in so many great designs. The ones in the picture are my personal ones with my favorite fabric pattern (Micheal miller. 50's kitchen) If you are looking to save money and be stylish this is the way to go. I was also bargain hunting in Wal-mart. I found stainless steel drinking insulated Thermoses for 3 dollars each. How cool is that. they are usually 12-15 dollars.

I will keep everyone posted on our progress and see if things are changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment