Monday, April 19, 2010

Roses!!!


I haven't written in a while. Things are starting to grow and bloom around my home and that requires maintenance.
My home is a rough stucco, just think concrete with rock shale added. Over 3/4 of my home is covered in Japanese ivy. When we bought our house 5 years ago it was very over run. I have been working hard to make nice flowerbeds and maintain the ivy. It takes me almost 2 weeks to get everything under control.
This year i have decided that things are mostly controlled enough that i can start adding the plants i want. I had already set 6 roses, 20 hosta, a clematis, bleeding heart, and a peony. I have around 5 beds and i have been feverishly cutting grass and mulching to keep weeds out this year.
My veggie garden is turning out not to be a good veggie garden at all. It has to much shade and stays to wet. I have talked with my husband, we have decided to turn that into a large flower garden. YIPPEE!!! now i have been dreaming of gardens. It's a small little thing but i will set a small sitting area and have it draped with wisteria, climbing roses, and clematis. In the beds i will have a mixture of flower and herbs. This is so much fun. It will take a couple of years to complete. Not due to ideasor enthusiasm, due only to funds. i will keep everyone posted.
I might not be on to much during the early summer months. you can bet i am playing the in garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment